INCOME PROTECTION ADVICE
No one plans to take seriously ill, have an accident or get made redundant. We all hope it will never happen to us. However the statistics are not in your favour:
- Over 1,500 people are made redundant every day in the UK*
- More than 2.2 million people in the UK have been off work due to long term sickness**
There are 2 main threats to your income:
- Loss of earnings due to redundancy
- Loss of earnings due to accident, sickness or ill-health
- Do you have a back-up plan to cope if it were to happen to you?
- You can protect your income from accident, sickness, ill-health and redundancy.
Depending on your personal circumstances there are several ways to provide protection for your income. We agree that there is no point in putting in place any cover you do not need – but we are passionate believers in ensuring the cover you do need is fully in place.
Office for national statistics - 2015/2016 report