Mortgage lenders insist that home owners insure their properties with adequate buildings and contents cover.

This type of policy will normally insure your residential home or buy-to-let property, (as well as fixtures, fittings and contents) against damage caused by fire or flooding, lightening and storms, subsidence, accidental damage, escape of water, theft and vandalism.

The policy you choose should be sufficient to cover the rebuild cost of your property. The best deal is usually acquired by taking out a joint buildings and contents insurance policy.

to top button